Here are a few tips that we’ve found useful to help better promote your items to customers:
- Customers are interested to know what the item is made of. For example, is it sterling silver or base metal findings, exactly what type of gemstone was used. Try to be as specific as you can as we don’t want you to lose a sale. Here are some suggestions:
- Place your description of your item on the tag or on the package.
- Create small signs within your locker.
- This will help customers feel more confident in their selection.
- The packaging of your product is important. Keep it simple, but yet add your own twist to it. For jewelry, small packages or simple zip lock bags that your creations can fit into are desired by your customers. It helps to encourage the value of your product.
- Encourage custom orders by providing your potential customers with business cards or a small sign that can direct them to a website, e-mail address, or phone number to contact you with. If you attach a small pocket outside your locker for them to help themselves to your business card, be sure to have a small stack inside as well so that they can take a picture of it with their phone. At the very least, a sign with your business name will help customers identify and assist them in remembering your products for future reference.
- Draw the customer into your locker by utilizing as much space as possible. Take advantage of air space by using hooks or clips to hang your products.
- Promote your locker through social media, blogs, and your website if you have one. Let your customers know that they can finally purchase your items any day of the week. Here are some great social media vehicles: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- Please be diligent of having your SKU and price attached to your merchandise to create a smooth check out process.
If you have any questions or concerns in regards to the locker program, please feel free to contact us at 808-833-3800 or MyLocker@hmstores.com